Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Paper Chase

Well today was my day to handle all the pre-consulate paperwork. Julia and I started out the day by having her visa photo taken. Next came the medical examination. I was never in the military but I had the overwhelming feeling that I was in an induction line medical exam. I kept waiting for them to send us to the barber's chair for a high and tight haircut. Actually they had three stations. Height, weight and temperature at one. Ear, nose and throat plus eyes at the next. Finally a physical examination by the doctor to make sure bone and muscle structure looked normal. Julia came through with a clean bill of health. She weighed in at 16lbs and is 26" tall.

The next stop for me and one parent from each of the other couples was paperwork. We had to prepare our I600s, our I604s, our DS232s, our I864Ws and that only accounted for less then half of the checklist. Our coordinator Cordella kept us on track and had to keep saying "can we move on now". All of that to make our consulate appointment short and sweet on Monday.

After naps was the best part of my day. The girls and I went on our own walking tour of Shamian Island (where we are staying). Shea pushed Julia in the stroller and I got to hold the handle so I wouldn't get lost. All three of us had a great time.

Jim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't raise your right hand and swear to do your duty and full fill all responsibilities..........Sounds just like a military experience I once had! Shea is taking on the big sister role already! Shea keep Dad in line and bring everyone home safe. We are all anxious to meet Julia! Barbara

Anonymous said...

Wow,lots to do! It seems to be going smoothly tho. I would love to see a picture of Karen and the girls. Is she still there? lol. Maybe you can show us a picture presentation in Branson.

Anonymous said...

We have been following your story everyday. It's fun to see the pictures and hear all about what you are doing. Your story brings back the memories I have of traveling to Korea for Eric. It's really something to be handed such a precious gift and to be so full of love. Like Julia, Eric wanted to be held-good attachment going on. The Schnecks

Anonymous said...

Sunday am
We are at Betty's and loved seeing and reading aboutyour new adventure.
Congratulations.. Bless each and everyone of you... Ralph and Jean Ann.